Question: I am
new at my company. I have learned that
our interview process is very lose – there is very little structure to what we
ask and how we ask it. Do you have any
Answer: Yes! The interview is a critical piece of the
recruiting process and, if handled correctly, it can be effective. If not, it can be worthless or, worse yet,
illegal. Here’s what we recommend:
1) Know in advance who will be on the interview
team and what questions will be asked.
2) Use a panel interview where multiple people are
interviewing the candidate at the same time.
3) Ask the same or similar questions of all
4) Stick to the script – try not to get off track
or be influenced by non-work related questions or conversations.
5) Most importantly, avoid prohibited interview
questions. You can find a list of them here.